Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I Heart ReadyMade

The biggest perk about working in a library is getting to see so very many books, magazines, DVD's and CD's - all of which you can take home. The joy! I am currently averaging about 20 items out, and each day I promise I will not take anything else and then I find something fab while shelving a.k.a 'browsing with a cart'. My latest find is ReadyMade Magazine. How did I not know about this before? It totally rocks.

ReadyMade: It rocks
I came for the $500 Etsy giveaway - how can you not love that? and stayed for the great projects and writing inside. Its New York based and assumes that most people are renting and on a budget, which is a refreshing change from a lot of magazines, whose readers think nothing of spending $1000 on a shelf.

After reading a whole bunch of back issues, my To Do list runs as follows:
  1. Bake some Pear and Rosemary Polenta Bread
  2. Attempt to make Ricotta
  3. Organize my kitchen with some fancy labeled jars
  4. Raid The Husband's childhood stamp collection to make these little pieces of fabulousness
  5. Whip up some dry martini's using nothing but a ball of string and some double-sided sticky tape...or maybe just a mason jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment