This is the kind of thing I had in mind -
|Amber's super-organized craft room, via Apartment Therapy|
|The Tofu Studio sewing room as seen on Apartment Therapy|
Colourful, organized and practical. Rooms where you would want to spend time.
This is what I have:
|I have no idea what this room is for.|
|Aaaaaarrrggghhh! Why would you do that?!|
Clearly, urgent action is called for. Ideally I would
- Paint the walls. Green gloss is no-one's idea of a good time. I'm thinking bright white or pale turquoise.
- Install a white cube bookcase along one wall - good for storage and display of fabric, books and yarn.
- Set up a sturdy craft table.
- Install a shelf under the window for the orchids.
- Hang a mood board and pictures.
- Cover the damn chair.
- Post pictures and be smug.
Maybe if I close my eyes really, really tight and wish really, really hard the DIY Fairy will come and make it all better.